Boosts are temporary bonuses from which a player can benefit in Egg, Inc. Each of them can be purchased in the boost shop for Golden Eggs. The exception to this is the 2x ad boost, which is activated by watching a video advertisement, and the large Excellent Bird Feed. By default, the farmer can activate up to 2 boosts simultaneously. This is upgraded to 5 with the pro permit. Boosts cannot be used on enlightenment egg farms.
However, in Contracts, boosts can only be used when one spends boost tokens, which is given periodically depending on the contract.
A fast and popular way to gain soul eggs in the very late game is to use 2x Jimbo's Best Bird Feed (10min), 1x Legendary Soul Beacon, 1x Legendary Tachyon Prism, and 1x Legendary Boost Beacon. Maintain the maximum running chicken bonus until the farm has reached maximum population. For players who don't have a Pro Permit, one of the best combos is a 1x Legendary Soul Beacon and a 1x Legendary Boost Beacon. Then prestige, return to the most valuable egg, and repeat from the beginning. For a deeper numerical analysis on Tachyon Prisms, visit this page.
The Boost Shop is an in-game store where players can spend golden eggs to purchase various boosts, which can be used later. There is a 20% sale for buying 5 boosts at a time.
The text above for the boost entries is a faithful representation of the text in-game, not an attempt to accurately convey to you what the boosts do.
This is particularly important for Soul Beacons, which increase the bocks value plugged into the soul egg formula instead by the indicated multiplier instead of increasing your actual number of soul eggs collected by that multiplier. You could still say that the boosts increase your rate of progress towards any particular number of soul eggs you wish to collect by dividing the required time by the indicated multiplier, so perhaps this is what is meant by "soul egg collection rate". But taking half the time to get the same number of soul eggs does not mean you can get double the soul eggs in the same amount of time.
See the Soul Eggs page for the detailed formula or the table below for a simple (but in some cases flawed) approximation of the actual effect of the boosts.
- Jimbo's Excellent Bird Feed (8hr) is the only boost that is not purchasable in the shop.
- Boost Beacons multiply the effect of all boosts except instant cash, discount events, and other boost beacons (meaning boost beacons don't compound with each other, but do stack).
- Boost Beacons do not boost the Soul Mirror bonus.
- Bird Feed, Tachyon Prisms, and Soul Beacons also do not compound with each other. For example, 2x Jimbo's Best Bird feed will multiply earnings by 100 (not 2500).
- Soul Beacons increase the rate of earning soul eggs and cannot be activated in contracts.
- Soul Mirror can be only activated in a co-op of a contract. Only one Soul Mirror can be activated at a time.
- Farm Value boosts give money instantly and cannot be boosted by Boost Beacons.
- The original 4 boosts were replaced by the Boost Shop in update 1.10.
- Buying a boost adds 25 to the Piggy Bank.
- Boosts can be cancelled, but they will not be refunded or returned.
- A player can no longer purchase a boost when they have at least 10,000 of that type in their inventory; they still may receive one from a random gift.
- The Golden Egg cost of many boosts was changed on Friday March 5th 2021 at 9am PST.