Boosts are temporary bonuses from which a player can benefit in Egg, Inc. Each of them can be purchased in the boost shop for Golden Eggs. The exceptions to this are the 2x ad boost (which is activated by watching a video advertisement), the large Excellent Bird Feed, and the New Player Bonus (which exists for only the first few days of your gameplay). By default, the farmer can activate up to 2 boosts simultaneously. This is upgraded to 5 with the pro permit. Boosts cannot be used on Enlightenment Egg farms.
However, in Contracts, boosts can only be used when one spends boost tokens, which are given periodically depending on the contract. Boost tokens are also obtainable from video offers and random gifts.
Bulk Purchase Discount
There is also a slider at the top of the boost shop list that allows a player to either buy just one type of boost or five of the same type. When a player chooses to buy five boosts, they get a 10% discount. For example, each Quantum Warming Bule costs 10 Golden Eggs, but when a player switches the slider to the "Buy 5" position, they get a 10% discount on the five Bulbs, so they only have to pay 40 Golden Eggs, unlike 50 if they do not use the slider.
A fast and popular way to gain soul eggs in the very late game is to use 2x Jimbo's Best Bird Feed (10min), 1x Legendary Soul Beacon, 1x Legendary Tachyon Prism, and 1x Legendary Boost Beacon (Costs 77,000 GE). Maintain the maximum running chicken bonus until the farm has reached maximum population. For players who don't have the Pro Permit, one of the best combos is 1x Legendary Soul Beacon and 1x Jimbo's Best Bird Feed. Then prestige, return to the most valuable egg, and repeat from the beginning. For a deeper numerical analysis on Tachyon Prisms, visit this page.
The Boost Shop is an in-game store where players can spend golden eggs to purchase various boosts, which can be used later. There is a 20% sale for buying 5 boosts at a time.
The text above for the boost entries is a faithful representation of the text in-game, not an attempt to accurately convey to you what the boosts do.
This is particularly important for Soul Beacons, which increase the bocks value plugged into the soul egg formula by the indicated multiplier instead of increasing your actual number of soul eggs collected by that multiplier. You could still say that the boosts increase your rate of progress towards any particular number of soul eggs you wish to collect by dividing the required time by the indicated multiplier, so perhaps this is what is meant by "soul egg collection rate". But taking half the time to get the same number of soul eggs does not mean you can get double the soul eggs in the same amount of time.
In other words, Soul Beacons and Bird Food have the same effect on Soul Eggs collected, for a given multiplier and duration.
See the Soul Eggs page for the detailed formula or the table below for a simple (but in some cases flawed) approximation of the actual effect of the boosts.
- The limit to how many of one booster you can have is 10,000
- Jimbo's Excellent Bird Feed (8hr) and the New Player Bonus are the only boosts that are not purchasable in the shop.
- Boost Beacons multiply the effect of all boosts except instant cash, discount events, and other boost beacons (meaning boost beacons don't compound with each other, but do stack).
- Boost Beacons do not boost the Soul Mirror bonus.
- Bird Feed, Tachyon Prisms, and Soul Beacons also do not compound with each other. For example, 2x Jimbo's Best Bird feed will multiply earnings by 100 (not 2500).
- Soul Beacons increase the rate of earning Soul Eggs and cannot be activated in Contracts.
- Soul Mirror can be only activated in a co-op of a Contract. Only one Soul Mirror can be activated at a time.
- Farm Value boosts give money instantly and cannot be boosted by Boost Beacons.
- The original 4 boosts were replaced by the Boost Shop in update 1.10.
- Buying a boost adds 25 to the Piggy Bank.
- Sometimes a Special Event will result in x2 boost duration. Any boost activated before the end of that event would receive the full increased duration even if it extends beyond the end of the event.
- Boosts can be cancelled, but they will not be refunded or returned.
- A player can no longer purchase a boost when they have at least 10,000 of that type in their inventory; they still may receive one from a random gift.
- The Golden Egg cost of many boosts was changed on Friday March 5th 2021 at 9am PST.
- Even though the 8hr. Version of Jimbo's Excellent Bird Feed is not purchasable, the game files state that it costs 100.
- Additionally, the Soul Beacons in game show that they require no tokens to activate in contracts, but the game files state that Soul Beacon costs 5, the Epic Soul Beacon costs 10, and the Legendary Soul Beacon costs 15. However, they can not be activated in a contract.