Boosts are temporary bonuses that a player can benefit from in Egg, Inc. Each of them can be purchased in the boost shop for Golden Eggs. The exception to this is the 2x ad boost, which is activated by watching a video advertisement, and the large Excellent Bird Feed. By default, the farmer can activate up to 2 boosts simultaneously. This is upgraded to 5 with the pro permit. Boosts cannot be used on enlightenment egg farms.
However, in Contracts, boosts can only be used when one spends boost tokens, which is given periodically depending on the contract.
A fast and popular way to gain soul eggs in the very late game is to use 2x Jimbo's Best Bird Feed (10min), 1x Legendary Soul Beacon, 1x Legendary Tachyon Prism, and 1x Legendary Boost Beacon. Maintain the maximum running chicken bonus until the farm has reached maximum population. For players who don't have a Pro Permit, one of the best combos is a 1x Legendary Soul Beacon and a 1x Legendary Boost Beacon. Then prestige, return to the most valuable egg, and repeat from the beginning. For a deeper numerical analysis on Tachyon Prisms, visit this page.
Boost Shop Edit
The Boost Shop is an in-game store where players can spend golden eggs to purchase various boosts, which can be used later. There is a 20% sale for buying 5 boosts at a time.
- Jimbo's Excellent Bird Feed is the only boost that is not purchaseable in the shop.
- Boost Beacons multiply the effect of all boosts except instant cash, discount events, and other boost beacons (meaning boost beacons don't compound with each other, but do stack).
- Boost Beacons DO NOT boost the Soul Mirror bonus.
- Bird Feed, Tachyon Prisms, and Soul Beacons also do not compound with each other. For example, 2x Jimbo's Best Bird feed will multiply earnings by 100 (not 2500).
- Soul Beacons increase the rate of earning soul eggs.
- Soul Mirror can be only activated in a co-op of a contract. Only one Soul Mirror can be activated at a time.
- Farm Value boosts give money instantly and cannot be boosted by Boost Beacons.
- The original 4 boosts were replaced by the Boost Shop in update 1.10.