|This article needs to be updated to fix or add information. |
You can help Egg, Inc Wiki by editing it.
Artifacts are items introduced in Version 1.20. You can obtain Artifacts (along with Stones and Ingredients) by completing Spaceship missions via Mission Control. Artifacts can also be crafted from other Artifacts and Ingredients in the Hall of Artifacts.
Each Artifact offers its own bonus depending on its type, tier, and rarity. In this way, they are similar to Boosts, but they have a permanent effect as long as they remain equipped. By default, players can have up to 2 Artifacts equipped at a time, but with the Pro Permit they can equip up to 4 at a time. Certain Artifacts have sockets into which players may place stones to power them even further. Each Artifact can only be used on one farm at a time. If you have multiple of one Artifact, it can be used on different farms.
Every item that can be returned by the rockets is assigned a quality number, which cannot be directly ascertained, and each rocket has a quality range assigned, which can be vaguely guessed at from the listed sensor rating. Rockets only return items with quality in their assigned range. The quality range is displayed graphically in the screen where you select a rocket to send. The later rockets will no longer return the lowest quality items, so you may need to use an earlier rocket if you are in need of basic materials for crafting. There are items that cannot be returned by rockets; they must be crafted.
- 1 Types of Artifacts
- 1.1 Aurelian Brooch
- 1.2 Beak of Midas
- 1.3 Books of Basan
- 1.4 Carved Rainstick
- 1.5 Chalice
- 1.6 Demeter's Necklace
- 1.7 Dilithium Monocle
- 1.8 Gusset
- 1.9 Interstellar Compass
- 1.10 Light of Eggendil
- 1.11 Lunar Totem
- 1.12 Mercury's Lens
- 1.13 Neodymium Medallion
- 1.14 Phoenix Feather
- 1.15 Puzzle Cube
- 1.16 Quantum Metronome
- 1.17 Ship in a Bottle
- 1.18 Tachyon Deflector
- 1.19 Titanium Actuator
- 1.20 Tungsten Ankh
- 1.21 Vial of Martian Dust
- 2 Artifacts Intro Message
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Hints at Artifacts (pre-1.20)
Types of Artifacts
Rarity values are ordered in Common / Rare / Epic / Legendary. For Artifact tables, the "Craft" column is the cost (not including golden eggs) to craft the Artifact. The "Consumed" column lists what you get when you consume the Artifact.
Artifacts seem to typically have 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 sockets in them. That said, there have been a couple of recorded cases that contradict this pattern (See Hermetic Vial of Martian Dust which is said to have 1 socket for the epic variant). If someone has more information to validate this, then please feel free to change the tables below accordingly.
The images of rare / epic / legendary Artifacts are the same as the usual images but with blue / purple / yellow shimmering light surrounding the item.
Aurelian Brooches increase rewards from Drones.
Beak of Midas
- Base : ratio for Drones is 3:7.
Books of Basan
Books of Basan increase the effect of each Egg of Prophecy you have, additively (e.g. 10% + 0.25% am 10.25%).
- Base : ratio for Drones is 3:7.
Chalices improve the Internal Hatchery rate.
Demeter's Necklaces increase egg value.
Dilithium Monocles increase Boost effectiveness.
Gussets increase the capacity of Habitats.
Interstellar Compasses increase egg shipping rate.
Light of Eggendil
Lights of Eggendil increase the value of the Enlightenment Egg. (Some other Artifacts are not compatible with the Enlightenment Egg.)
Lunar Totems modify earnings while away from your farm by a specific factor.
Neodymium Medallions increase the frequency of Drones. (Note that the base frequency is unknown.)
Phoenix Feathers increase the Soul Egg collection rate.
Puzzle Cubes decrease the cost of Common Research. This is directly comparable to simply earning more money and buying the research that way, although you can equip money Artifacts, earn the money, and then switch to a cube before buying. For ease of comparison, 5%, 15%, 20%, and 50% discounts are equivalent to having 5.26%, 17.65%, 25%, and 100% more money.
Quantum Metronomes increase the egg laying rate.
Ship in a Bottle
Ships in Bottles increase co-op mates' earnings in Contracts.
This only applies to other members, not the user. If multiple members of your co-op have one of these active, their effects will be added together. You can tap on the boost info to view which member has provided which effect. (In some cases, the percentages seem to not quite add up properly, such as 4 Ships in a Bottle which display as 79% instead of 80%.)
Tachyon Deflectors increase co-op mates' egg laying rate in Contracts.
This only applies to other members, not the user. If multiple members of your co-op have one of these active, their effects will be added together. You can tap on the boost info to view which member has provided which effect.
Titanium Actuators increase the Hold to Hatch rate.
Tungsten Ankhs increase egg value.
Vial of Martian Dust
Vials of Martian Dust increase the Max Running Chicken Bonus.
Artifacts Intro Message
The following message is displayed when a player unlocks Artifacts:
Due to recent discoveries beyond Earth, egg farms have begun to look to the stars.
Evidence is building that we were not the first to unlock the secrets of the egg.
Artifacts from lost civilizations appear to enhance egg farming in ways both technological, and mystical...
- If you activate a gusset, the game will give you a "Cannot Be Removed" message if the extra capacity is being used by a hen house. However, you can take off the gusset if the extra capacity is not in use on any hen house.
- If the extra capacity is in use, you are unable to deactivate the artifact, and you have a gusset which offers a higher percent increase in capacity, you can replace your current gusset with the new one by dragging the new gusset to the artifact slot the current gusset is occupying.
- Lunar Totems are the only artifacts to not require any other artifacts or ingredients to craft a Tier 3 artifact.
- They are also the only artifact to not have a confirmed legendary version.
- Artifacts that claim to give a 100% chance for bocks/golden eggs will not always give a box with bocks/golden eggs. Since there is a ratio for golden egg boxes to bocks boxes, a 100% chance will only double the ratio number for bocks/golden eggs.
- You can only have 1 artifact of each type activated at a time for each farm.
- For example, you cannot have 2 puzzle cubes active simultaneously on your main farm - even if they are of different tiers or rarities.
- Some artifacts round down in their effects. A Legendary Tier 4 Neodymium Medallion appears to have an effect of 129% drone frequency, but some players believe that it is actually 130%.
- The "soul egg collection rate" mentioned in the Phoenix Feather description has a very precise meaning. It refers to a sequence of marginal "soul eggs per bock" rates ("marginal" in the sense that they change with each additional soul egg, not with each additional bock - in that sense, they are more like the reciprocal of what we'd traditionally call a marginal rate). In other words, for any particular number of soul eggs, there is a certain rate (in the units of "soul eggs per bock") of collecting soul eggs until you get your very next soul egg. It is every rate in this sequence which is being increased by the stated percentage while the Phoenix Feather is equipped.
- Since these marginal rates form an exponential sequence, a +100% effect to each individual soul egg collection rate will NOT be equivalent to a +100% effect to the number of soul eggs that you earn during a prestige - even if you have the Phoenix Feather equipped for the entire second prestige and both prestiges earn the exact same number of bocks. Instead, the +100% soul egg collection rate would result in about 16% more soul eggs overall.
- The way this works can be confusing to people without a strong understanding of math. If you are having trouble understanding it, consider the effect of a 50% sale on Common Research. All individual levels of each research are reduced in cost by 50% and even the total bocks you pay for all levels of research is reduced by 50%, but this does not mean that you will end up being able to buy double the levels of research. With the same number of bocks, you might be able to buy Levels 1-16 of a particular research at regular price and only Levels 1-18 of the research during a "50% off" sale. 18 is significantly less than double 16, and in the same sense you will experience significantly less than a doubling of your soul eggs earned per prestige while having a +100% soul egg collection rate Phoenix Feather equipped.
- Soul Stones and Soul Beacons behave the same way that Phoenix Feathers behave.
Hints at Artifacts (pre-1.20)
Before Version 1.20, there were several hints at the Artifacts update.
Contracts mentioning Artifacts
Images of Artifacts